Well, today Dwen's levels is 4.4! They are moving him up to the third floor. Which they call PCU. He was feeling nauseous most of the day and it is probably from not having too much food in his belly on top of the meds. He was very tired so he slept a lot. He went for a small walk down the hall. The physical trainers wants D to walk with him tomorrow. Hopefully the kidney are going to do their thing soon so he won't have to endure dialysis. We'll see in the morning I guess. I left early, need to wash up some clothes and pick some things up for him. Had dinner with Sara...that felt kinda normal...which was nice.
Wednesday, March 24:Slept in this morning, got to the hospital around noon. Dyna (SIL) was there. Dwen was sleeping. Our friend, Jimmy, came by for a visit and the dialysis nurse let him stay. That helped Dwen pass the time and was greatly appreciated. Him & Jim talked movies...the one they want to make together as soon as Dwen is feeling better. They have him scheduled for a 3.5 hour dialysis treatment. All other vitals are GREAT! He's eating, had some fish for lunch. Several doctors today said he 'might' be able to leave soon...since dialysis can be an out patient kind of thing. He needs to be out...he is so frustrated with it all. I am tired of it too!
Thursday, March 25:
His numbers today were 3.8 (I think). Today we were up early in hopes that when the doctors made thier rounds that each would sign off on us going home. Normally they are early but today, wouldn't ya know it, they didn't get around until early afternoon. Both the intrenal meds doc and the surgeon says yes...we can go, then the infectious disease doc signed off...now one more. The kidney doc. He wouldn't let us go today, he wanted us to wait until the labs came back in the morning and in case D needed another dialysis treatment. This was shattering to D. He is sooo ready to leave that place. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks. Keri Ann (niece) came up and visited with us for a couple hours. It was good to see her. She bought him the cutest vase of flowers. Then Drew (BIL) came up and brought Dwen some Gates BBQ. He enjoyed that too. I left about 7pm. Didn't know if the kids had been home at all with the dogs. Plus waiting around all day is exhausting! Keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed tomorrow that D doesn't need another round of dialysis and that his departure is early.
2 comments:
Oh Carol,
I'm crossing everything I can right now. AND continuing w/the prayers. I hope you can feel my cyber hugs. xoxoxo
Hope everything is much much better now
Post a Comment