As many of you know my DH had gall bladder surgery on the 4th of February. He has had several complications from it. Without getting into every detail...he has had 3 ultra sounds, 2 drainage tubes, a 4 day hospital stay and 6 CT scans.
Last Tuesday they removed his second drainage tube,and things started going down hill ever since. Thursday night he was running 103 temps and having violent cold chills/shaking. Lasting upwards of an hour. These are pretty ugly to watch and no matter the amount of covers he is under, they just don't let up. I feel pretty helpless...most of the time. He went this morning (both of us knowing that they were going to put him in the hospital) to see his surgeon, who admitted him at noon...he was at his favorite 'country club'. We met with the Infectious disease doctor and a GI doctor and they both agree that he will require surgery due to and abscessed 'patch' that is causing the fever and chills...and the bacteria in the fluid that drains in the tubes, the same bacteria that caused him to be on the antibiotics that we administer at home for the last 3 weeks. Of course, the doctors don"t talk to the nursing staff...and we have no idea when the surgery will be...one doc said tomorrow...but with it being a weekend...who knows.
This has been a rollercoaster....many friend and family have offered help in any way...thing is, I feel completely helpless. So I have no idea what to say to those who offer this kindness...other than thank you!
6 comments:
I am so sorry for this turn in the healing process. I will keep you both in my prayers.
All from a gall bladder surgery! I hope he gets worked on soon and comes home to heal soon. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Just know that you are loved and that tons of people are sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way. I'm not too far from the hospital, so if you need to take a nap, cry on a shoulder, whatever!, my door is open to you! ((hugs))
Many prayers for you! Gall bladders can be tricky business.
Oh Carol,
I'm so sorry ~ what a nightmare for the both of you. I continue to pray...
xoxoxo
Oh Carol, I haven't checked in a few days to see what was happening. I am so sorry. I will put up a prayer request today for you both...and a card request to help lift his spirits!
Hugs and Hope,
Jenny
Post a Comment