Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Aches & pains

Welcome to Alphabe-Thursday!! This week we are starting the letter 
'A'. Join me and my pal, Jenny in our quest through the alphabet!

For 'A' this week, I am moaning and groaning about the 'ache' I have
in my back. I went to my chiropractor today and she twisted me, and
popped all the pop able parts and I'm walking funnier now than when
I entered....but I don't mind going, she is good at her job and she always gets rid of my 'aches and pains'.
Some folks think they are quacks....I'm obviously not one of them. 
For me it helps in all areas. This is the only doctor I go to without fussin'. 
To me, most of the others are 'quacks'. (In my opinion!)

18 comments:

Terra said...

Oh man I hear you loud and clear. I haven't seen a chiropractor yet only because I have a incredible masseuse that mends my back...however I am close, very very close to needing to take the plunge and find me a non - quack near by....sometimes I can't walk...I am only 37 - I can't imagine what I will be like in 10, 20 etc years...

Judie said...

Some chiropractors are worth their weight in gold. My son-in-law goes to one of those. There are others, however, who are on the edge of quackery. I can name two right off the top of my head, but I'm not revealing just who they are. I am pretty good at realizing when someone is handing me a load of manure, and I spotted these two almost from the get-go. If something sounds too good to be true, or if someone makes a statement that sounds a little unbelievable to you, or flies in the face of proven scientific study, run the other way. A good chiropractor can be found by word of mouth, and then only from someone that you really trust.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Hope your aches and pains are gone and that you are walking better too :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
We've had wonderful docs in our family's experiences...during the past cancer diagnosis and chemo tx of our son, hubby's robotic heart surgery, dad's heart surgeries...and now with son in law that's a dermatology doc and daughter a dental doc and another daughter soon to be dental doc...haha I definitely am thankful for their dedication and "bedside manner"...but you're right, in every profession there are quacks to be found.

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm glad you've found someone who helps you with your pain. :)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I love my chiro dr. He fixes what hurts me and that allows me to continue to ride my horses for now...

Jackie said...

I love going to chiropractor. He always makes me feel 100% brand new

jfb57 said...

We are great fans of our 'crunchers'! We couldn't move without them!" Great 'A' post!

Anonymous said...

i went to chiro before my syndrome (GBS) but now that i have a metal plate in my neck he can no longer crack me...he does say i have a loose screw :D
~victoria~

Ames said...

Actually most don't recognize Chiropractors as doctors at all. I do, but it only takes one who is not so good to do permanent damage. So I am more into massage theraphy.~Ames

Anonymous said...

I have friends that swear by them. Visits to them have really helped their aches.

Anonymous said...

Hope everything "works" out and you feel better.

Lola said...

Great ‘A’ post - Happy Alphabe-Thursday!

Have a great weekend ahead & look forward to *seeing* you again next time,

LOLA:)

Susan Anderson said...

I've been before, and usually it helps.

Once, though, I went and got worse. So I'm not as comfortable about it now.

Jackie said...

Please make sure that your alphabe thursday entries are directly linked to your permalink blog post . It's a pet peeve that I have because sometimes we want to revisit and I don't want to have to search your whole blog for it kthanks.

Unknown said...

Hey fellow Kansan! I've been gone for over 20 years but I so miss the prairie. As far as chiropractors go, there are, as in any medical profession, the good, the bad and the downright dangerous. I am so pleased you found a "good" one! I'm thinking now that I'm approaching 50 I need to find one of my own.

Pat said...

Hoping you are soon much more comfortable...after a very long, cabin-fever filled winter, when I work outside now, the muscles are not cooperating.
Take care.

Monica said...

I've always been afraid of chiropractors! Guess, I've never really had any Aches bad enough to consider trying one though!

Jenny said...

Oh Carol, I'm sorry you're having back problems. I can't even imagine those...Steve get's laid up sometimes and I just feel really bad for him.

To link directly to your post, just click on the title (after you write it) and paste that URL into the second box instead of your main url. Some links only write for this meme so their post is on the top. You are more prolific in your writing.

Hey, maye you and Dwen can get a 'couples' plan at the chiro.

I hope you're feeling better sweetie.

Thanks for linking up.

A+

backgrounds